National Grilled Cheese Month
Love Grilled Cheese? Then you'll love this recipe for a delicious Grilled Halloumi Cheese Sandwich!
Grilled Halloumi Cheese Sandwich
Chef Mischa Graafmans
Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort
- 3 Each baguette
- 450 grams halloumi cheese, sliced and grilled
- 45 grams chorizo, thinly sliced
- 3 each tomato, sliced
- 3 each eggplant, sliced
- 1.5 cup arugula leaves
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 12 tablespoons Pesto
- In a grill pan, add the olive oil and saute the tomato and eggplant slices.
- Leave over medium heat for a couple of minutes, then remove the vegetables and let them dry on a tissue paper.
- Add the butter in the same grill pan, let it melt and then add the halloumi cheese slices. Make sure to flip the cheese on both sides until each slice looks golden and crusty.
- Now it's time to assemble the grilled halloumi cheese sandwich! Open the bread and lightly toast it, then spread a layer of the basil pesto on both sides.
- Add the roasted vegetables, chorizo, the arugula leaves, and then add the grilled halloumi cheese slices on top.
- Slice the baguette in 2 and serve
- 45 grams Toasted pine nuts
- 3 each Garlic cloves, minced
- 15 grams Salt
- 300 milliliters Olive oil
- 125 grams Basil leaves, washed and dried well
- 75 grams Parmesan cheese, grated
- Place nuts, garlic, half of the salt, and half of the olive oil into a blender or food processor fitted with the blade attachment.
- Blend to a paste, about 1 minute.
- Begin adding basil leaves gradually and blend on and off to incorporate basil into the emulsion.
- Add the additional oil gradually until the paste is thoroughly combined.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt as needed.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and blend just before serving.
- Pesto should be stored under refrigeration with a layer of oil across the surface.